One of the important hubs for the news publishing sector in the Middle East and Gulf region is Dubai. Actually, many of these regional offices are right here at our doorsteps in the heart of Media City.
This got us thinking…
Since a big part of Sandstorm’s mission is to disseminate digital knowledge, and with our relevant regional client experience in this sector, why not use our expertise (especially around Arabic SEO) to boost the digital efforts of the sector that we rely on most for digital news dissemination.
With Google’s regular algorithm updates and new trends “moving the goal posts” all the time such as Google’s recent deal with Twitter to incorporate tweets into Google results, now’s as a good a time as any to sign up to a workshop such as this.
Therefore, and back by popular demand, the digital 101 training sessions, and this upcoming one focused on SEO for the News Publishing sector.
We’ve scheduled the first session (SEO 101) on Monday, March 23rd, 10-12pm.
I’ll be presenting this first (2 hr.) session; agenda as follows:
My welcoming note…
SEO for News 101 Workshop Agenda
- What is SEO and why should you care? – 5 minutes
- How search engines work & how they’ve evolved over the years – 10 minutes
- How to research keywords your audience are using to find evergreen and trending news stories – 15 minutes
- Important elements of a webpage and where to target keywords – 15 minute
- How to get on and optimize for Google & Bing News – 10 Minutes
- Social SEO for news & capitalizing on Google’s QDF Algo (bonus insider tip) – 20 minutes
- SEO measurement and ROI – 10 minutes
- Live SEO Audit (your site) & group exercise (you need a laptop for this segment of the workshop so don’t forget it) – 15 minutes
- Questions & Wrap-up – 10 minutes
If you’re interested in attending this (free) SEO 101 session at Sandstorm Digital offices: Concord Tower (6th floor), Media City, Dubai, register your interest using the form below.
Please register your interest using the form below. Spaces limited to 25. Clients and News Outlets will be given priority. Hurry and register your interest today.
For an Arabic version of this announcement click here.