Last month Google announced the launch of their Google My Business API which supports brand developers in automating the management of their Google My Business listings via the new API.
The API is here: https://developers.google.com/my-business/.
Manage locations for your business
You can use the Google My Business API to create and edit locations in Google My Business. These locations can be used in Ads but need to be verified to be eligible to appear in Search and Maps. Note that verification of locations is not supported via the API.
Through the new Google My Business API, developers can:
- Create business locations with information such as name, address, phone number, category, business hours, and more
- Manage special hours
- Mark a business location as permanently closed
- Manage business photos
- List, invite and remove managers on locations and business accounts
- Read listing state to identify Google updated, duplicate and suspended locations
- Search/Filter locations by name, category and label
- Set the service area for a business either by specifying a point and radius or Place IDs
For our clients with location based optimization needs, this news has already been communicated to you and we’re in the process of working with you to implement the GMB API.
If you’re a business with local optimization needs contact us using the form in the footer of the website to learn more about how we can help you.