Twitter announced that it has launched its advertising service in the Middle East.
The popular social media site which boasts 200 million global users and 400 million tweets per day will provide advertising services through Connect Ads, its technology partner in the Middle East.
Needless to say, the team here at Sandstorm Digital are very excited about this news and are chomping at the bits to start advertising our clients’ businesses on Twitter.
The lowdown on twitter’s advertising Platform
Twitter currrently offers three advertising products
- Promoted Accounts: Promote you account to get more targeted followers
- Promoted Tweets: Promote your individual Tweets to targeted users
- Promoted Trends: Have your brand associated with a particular trending (#) topic.
Twitter Statistics for the MENA Region
To give you an idea about the value of Twitter here are some stats to whet your appetite:
- Saudi Arabia has the highest number of active Twitter users in the region – 393,000 users
- Kuwait is the second highest with 235,000 active Twitter users
- Egypt is the third highest country with 215,000 active Twitter users
- UAE is the fourth highest country with 175,000 active twitter users
Active Arabic Twitter Countries
- Kuwait is the most active country in the region on Twitter with 58,900,000 tweets
- Saudi Arabia comes second with 49,600,000 tweets (March ’12).
As a side note: #Bahrain is the most popular hash tag in the region
Qatar has 43,000 active Twitter users as of March ‘12. Check out the below info-graph to get the complete picture.
The graph below shows the number of active users by country:
And to sum it all up for you, check out this brilliant infographic which provides a nice overview of the Twitterspehere in the Middle East region
Over to you…
Are you planning to use Twitter’s Advertising service? Share your views…